Monday, August 13, 2007

End Trash in Your Mailbox

Many S. County citizens and advertisers don’t know that the Call is not delivered to all households as they advertise. This is just another example of a lack of integrity on the part of our weakly newspaper!
I live in their distribution area and have not received a Call in over a year. Like many people, our family decided we did not want to receive this trash in our mailbox every week. I sent a certified letter to the Call and asked to be removed from their mailing list. I followed up with e-mails to their publisher Deborah Baker Milligan.
Here’s what Baker Milligan sent me.
Sunday, June 4, 2006
Dear Mr. Heins: I have just returned to work and I wanted to let you know that I forwarded an earlier e-mail received before I left to Bill Milligan, General Manager, who handles requests concerning delivery of the Call. I believe he has explained that the labels are printed several weeks ahead. Your request has been submitted to the circulation department and the delivery of the newspaper should stop within a few short weeks. I am sorry for the delay in my reply but,I want to make it clear that your request should be directed to Bill Milligan, General Manager. I also want to make it clear your request has been addressed if you can just bear with us since the labels are printed ahead. Thank you for you patience. Deb Baker, Publisher
If you would like less trash in your mailbox, I suggest you e-mail Mr. Bill Milligan at wmilligan@callnewspapers.com If after 6 weeks you continue to receive the Call, e-mail me and I’ll help you file a complaint with the postal service. Mike

No comments: