Friday, February 22, 2008

McCarthyism is Alive in South County

I had the pleasure of running into Marea Hoppe this weekend. She’s one of my former school board colleagues. In just a few minutes at the grocery store, I would learn that we both shared the wrath of Mr. James Stonebraker, aka The Truth Detector, the Truth Defector or just “Stoney.”
Marea recently registered to run for another 3-year term for the school board. Why anyone would do that is beyond me, but more power to her, if that’s what she wants. She was an honest, well-informed and dedicated director of the board of education.
According to Marea, Stonebraker referred to her disparagingly as a supporter of Dennis Skelton. Mr. Skelton was a write in candidate for the Mehlville Fire Board. Marea said she met Mr. Skelton at a meeting once but never supported anyone for the fireboard. She told me of her limited political involvement. She has been active helping several people that have run for the school board and Walt Bivins for state representative. Walt is a friend and fellow member of Marea’s church.
Stoney also referred to another candidate named Deborah Langland as a Call Hater. That isn’t such a bad label in my book, but it appears he has her mixed up with another women named Deborah who is a parent leader in the district.
In McCarthyistic style, Stonebraker attempts to hurt people by falsely associating them with others. He tried this with me a couple of months back telling everyone I was a friend of Skelton and others associated with the firefighters’ union. Much like his contributors from the Call, he doesn’t bother to be accurate. You would think that someone who’s married to the political director for John Hancock would care about his credibility. Mr. Hancock is a former state legislator, was the GOP nominee for Secretary of State in 1992 and 1996, served as executive director of the Missouri Republican Party from 1997 to 2003 and continues to provide political consultation to the state party. He served as the official spokesman for the Blunt for Governor campaign in 2004.
http://www.teamjha.com/ I'm sure this is why he wants to remain anonymous. Mr. Hancock would probably prefer not to be associated with inaccurate information. He would be embarrassed with any ties to the Truth Spot. Maybe this is why Gov. Blunt decided not to run for re-election. He is embarrassed by his relationship with Mr. Stonebraker?

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

So what you are telling me is that this "Truth Detector" is falsely accusing people of something they didn't ever do? I wonder what else is falsely stated in that blog...or um, that website you can't comment on. I think they call that scared of the real truth. Thank You

Crestwood Independent said...

The "paper" reminds me of the story of the scorpion and the frog. The scorpion asked the frog to help him across a creek, the frog said no, you will sting me, and I will die!

The scorpion promised the frog that would never happen as it was an "honorable scorpion!

The frog, against his better judgement allowed the scorpion to climb on his back, and ferried the scorpion across the creek.

Once on the other side, the scorpion stung the frog! On his death bed, the frog asked WHY? I helped you! The scorpion said "because that's what we do!"

The "paper?" no difference friends, they are "scorpion's from start to finish!

Tom Ford

Anonymous said...

Marea Kluth-Hoppe worked at the Oakville Elementary School polling place last April wearing a Dennis Skelton T-shirt. She was seen by a number of voters in the MFPD Board race.Quit lying!

SouthCountyMike said...

Exactly!

SouthCountyMike said...

My "Exactly" comment above was in response to Tom's comment about our scorpion like weakly newspaper.

SouthCountyMike said...

Please stop with the "lying" silliness. First, I can stand on my reputation. Second, I was just passing along comments from a conversation. Third, if I found out the info I had passed along was incorrect, I'd let you know. Remember when I said I wasn't 100% correct about Chief Silvernail's restraining order. Unlike the Call, I admit it when I make mistakes. I just called Mrs. Hoppe. She told me the writer was mistaken. She was indeed at the OES polling place handing out literature for a school board candidate. She told me she has never worn a Dennis Skelton t-shirt. I suggest you pick up the phone and call her. She's in the book. I tell you what though, if anybody can get your hands on one, I'd be proud to wear it!
Mike Heins

Anonymous said...

It's funny how Stonebraker hates unions but he himself carries a union card for the musician's union. He needs that so he can get paid to play. So the union card is great when it helps him line HIS pocket with 'Union Tainted' money!

What a two faced lier and hypocrite!

SouthCountyMike said...

I wouldn't say it's funny. I'd say it's very sad. This is why he tries to remain anonymous. Yet, we know who he is for the same reason the cops catch a lot of criminals. They brag about their exploits.

Anonymous said...

Here is his website so he can pat himself on his back about how great he is! What a joke. I think I'll call his local and adise them of his union bashing tactics!

http://www.jimstonebraker.com/jim.html

Crestwood Independent said...

"Stoney" has outdone himself in his last rant (truth? spot,) My goodness, this boy is certianly a ledgend in his own mind!

By the way Mike, he still apparently does not like you very much.

By all the rantings, I would say your getting under his thin skin! I giving 8-5 that he strokes out if he continues.

Tom Ford

SouthCountyMike said...

Tom,
I hear he doesn't like me asking for public documents that don't but should exist. If that bothers him, wait to Chet Pleban is done with his investigation in Jeff City.

Anonymous said...

Your better off messing with mother nature then Stonebraker. Hes much smarter and will get even way more then her: