Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Congratulations to the St. Anthony's Emergency Room

I must give credit where it's due. Our St. Anthony's Medical Center's emergency room was not the worst of the areas hospitals turning away patients in September. They were on diversion 18.4 hours or 2.6% that month. Three other hospitals had worse turn- away numbers out of 23 reporting centers in the St. Louis area. That's much improved over recent months. Just this last April, they were turning away patients 32% of the time. This still isn't great patient care, coupled with the problems we are having with our fire district, but I'm glad they are moving forward.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mike trust me it was just a slow month in south county. I promise that it dosent mean that anything has been fixed. The numbers will return to where they were all in due time. Or maybe more people are getting tired of St. Anthonys and really are choosing other hospitals. I would love to ask who are the other two that they beat?

SouthCountyMike said...

I already deleted my file but I'm pretty sure St. Mary's was one of the leaders in September.