Sunday, October 21, 2007

Call Refuses Comment

http://www.opensecrets.org/parties/expenddetail.asp?txtName=CALL+AND+POST+NEWSPAPER&Cmte=RPC&cycle=2006

This little item is going to be a little more work. As usual, I have some information from public records that the Call refuses to comment on. This is not quite as simple to understand as fraud or spouse abuse. After searching through expenditures of the National Republican Party spent in Missouri, I found some interesting payments to the Call for Generic Advertising in the amount of $16,503. The only elections going in the area at the time were the Hilmer/Stegman for the Mehlville Fire Board and the school board race. I seriously doubt, having watched the school board race from the inside, that it had anything to do with the schools. What will I find when I dig a little deeper?
Have you got an answer for us, Mr. Milligan? Were there any laws broken or is this just another failure to disclose when the story is about your weakly newspaper?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

A newspaper does't have disclose ANYTHING you idiot!

SouthCountyMike said...

Ouch! You really know how to toss out those insults anonymously.
The Call is a business which has numerous state and federal laws that require disclosures of many kinds. See "Is the Call Above the Law" Oct. 15th of this BLOG.
Second, there are a number of disclosures they must make to keep, what has has become just a miniscule amount, of credibility with their readers and advertisers.

Crestwood Independent said...

Indeed the Call should at least defend themselves!

But that would be defending the defenseless, no?

Don't give up my friend, I get the same nasty insults from the great un-washed (read hoy paloy.)

Tom Ford

SouthCountyMike said...

Tom,
Thanks for your comments. I remember when I used to read their cageliner, if someone refused to comment, they assumed the worst. I think you can safely assume the worst with them.

Crestwood Independent said...

I don't mind reading it so much (I need a laugh,) but I hate it when they put my name in an editorial!

Why you say? Well, nobody ever reads his editorial's!

Tom Ford