Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Call Newspapers - Front Page Screw Up

Regular readers of our little blog know I prefer to give you the scoop about our weakly newspaper, rather than commenting on their so called news.
It seems as though the rag that likes to point out everyone's warts, actual and imaginary, has made a colossal blunder this week!
With a picture of the Mehlville/Oakville football game last Friday, this week's Call headline had the Oakville Tigers as the district champions. This was above the fold on the front page. So much for getting the facts right. As I've said before, these ignoramuses can't accomplish even the simplest of tasks.
No folks. As usual, the Mehlville Panthers are the district champions. The game wasn't even close. What's so amazing is that the game was on Friday and their deadline was Monday night. It's not like they were under any pressure. Let's see if they run a retraction. I've never seen them do it before, but this mistake was huge. Can you admit you blundered Bill?

3 comments:

SouthCountyMike said...

I'm passing this on to the Missouri Press Association. If they have an award for the biggest blunder, the Call will surely win it hands down!

Anonymous said...

what incompetence, the byline underneath is correct and headline wrong.

SMACK THAT CREDIBILITY ON THE FRONT PAGE!

SouthCountyMike said...

Crestwood Independent said...
I don't mind reading it so much (I need the laugh,) but I hate when they put my name in an editorial!
Why you say? Well, nobody ever reads the editorials!