Friday, December 7, 2007

Mehlville Fire News

I heard our Mehlville Fire Board was holding a meeting last evening. I thought, what the heck, with all the trouble the Hilmer groupies and the Truth Defector give me, I should drop by and check it out. You can't rely on Milligan and the Call Newspaper for correct information. The district's website said the meeting was at 5 pm. I arrived just after 5 pm to find a posting for a meeting at 7 pm. The posting was made at 5 pm. Public meetings are required to be regularly scheduled and at least 24 hours in advance, unless it's an emergency. Chief Silvernail told me today that it was originally supposed to be at 7 pm and it was a clerical error. Clerical or not, with all the other violations of the Missouri Sunshine Law already committed over the last two years, the district would have been better off delaying their business until their regularly scheduled meeting. The public had no advance notice of a meeting unless you just happened to walk by the department headquarters between 5 pm and 7 pm.


Note: According to Chief Silvernail: No closed session votes were taken.

8 comments:

Crestwood Independent said...

Well Mike, what can I, or for that matter anyone say? These paragon's of virtue continue to do as they wish, why consult the "great un-washed?"

Tom Ford

Crestwood Independent said...

Mr. Mike, you may have seen the post where the "boys in the band" (the "paper," and their minions) have me as the "Grand Poobah" of my blog!

By the way, why can't anyone respond to their remarks on their blog? Quaint, and VERY interesting, but I digress.

You gotta love these folks. It would appear that I have hit a nerve, no? Why else would the have their short's in a knot? These fine folk remind me of the Arthur Miller play, "Death of a salesman" Same results!

The "paper," and the MFPD lost this one in Crestwood, and they can't stand it! I do love to see the angst in their post's!

Tom Ford

SouthCountyMike said...

Tom,
Yes, I've been following the blogging tag team match of the Call Newspapers & the Truth Defector versus the citizens of South County. This is very typical of their bully approach to everything. Remember, Milligan and his weakly paper are not content reporting the news, they must control it. They've made a mistake trying to bully their way into Crestwood. Your Mayor had the guts to tell them where to go when he was running for office. I don't know what kind of mayor he is, but he has a set of brass ones.
And what is the point of a blog if you don't let people respond. That's just propoganda. He should change his name to the Lemay Call.
Mike Heins

Anonymous said...

Dear South County Mike,

You moderate your comments and leave out ones you don't like. Is that "propaganda" also?

SouthCountyMike said...

You might say that, oh you just did.
I won't allow any distasteful or knowingly false accusations to be printed about people or myself.I would prefer a civil conversation. Call it want you like, but I put my name and reputation on it, the Truth Defector does not.
Mike Heins

Crestwood Independent said...

Mike, Mayor Roy Robinson (Crestwood) is a great guy doing a very good job!

Of course if you read the "paper" that's not so! Could it be that he will not bow down to them either?

"You bettcha Red Rider!"

Tom Ford

SouthCountyMike said...

Note to the Truth Defector:
The time posted on the Fire District website was changed. Even the following day, it was still listed as 5pm. You don't know what your talking about, again.

SouthCountyMike said...

I noticed the fire department verified what I wrote earlier about the posting. I guess the Truth Defector will be sending me an apology.