Monday, June 2, 2008

South County Businessman Facing Jail Over Property Violations

I received this e-mail about a friend's father. I know there are two sides to every story but I have suffered through trying to communicate with Councilman Campisi's office before. It would be nice if the media would cover this before it went to extremes.

Hey everyone - Sorry to bother you all with this. I usually don't do this kind of stuff but I really need your help. My Father In-Law, whom all you know, I think the world of has been continually persecuted & prosecuted over the last three (3) years by St. Louis County and it is totally out of hand. Although our companies property has been zoned M1 Commercial since the 1940's our neighbors would like this area turned into a nice park. I would also like a park next to my house. These neighbors have been working with County Councilman John Campisi to get our business moved from this property. Campisi has spearheaded an effort to trump up property violations against Larry. Larry has been trying to get Mr. Campisi to visit our plant and see the type of operation that we run for almost three years. Campisi has promised to show up but never does and only trumps up additional charges. Larry has been willing to work with the county but I believe they only want our company to move out and appease a few neighbors and in turn get a few votes (please keep in mind this is an election year). NOW GET THIS! Mr. Campisi is trying to put Larry in jail for 90 Days because he won't cop a plea and admit to things he hasn't done wrong. I have known Larry for over 20 years and he is the most honest people I have ever met. He cares about people and is an upstanding businessman. Our companies Custom Rollform Products, Custom Panel Systems, and Ductformer have done business in every state in the country and on nearly every continent (minus Antarctica) but we are having trouble doing business in St. Louis County. We have nearly 40 employees and if this moves forward this may change. One would think the county and Mr. Campisi would want to work with local businesses but that is not the case. He thinks Larry stands alone. Now Larry doesn't know I sent this but I am asking all of you to send Mr. Campisi a quick e-mail and let him know that Larry doesn't stand alone. Just a few words and just a few minutes of your time to show you support him and small business. Please let him know that Larry is not a criminal. Here is his e-mail address: http://ssomail.charter.net/do/mail/message/mailto?to=jcampisi%40stlouisco.com Any help in this matter would be a big help. Please pass this onto your friends and family. I would very much like to fill his inbox by Monday. Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks, Chris Pleimann 314-210-2520 http://www.customrollformproducts.com/ http://www.ductformer.com/ http://www.custompanelsystems.com/

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

probably need some more info before we could send support or even questions to Campisi.

SouthCountyMike said...

I agree. This sounds like something that has been going on for some time. Why can't the media cover it?

Anonymous said...

What did he receive violations for?

SouthCountyMike said...

I'm told the last violation was for parking tractor trailers on the lot.

Anonymous said...

Mike -
I guess my question is, assuming all that was posted in the email is true, why would Councilman Campisi want to take a thriving business from the tax rolls and replace it with a nontaxable park. The economy is in tough enough shape without losing tax revenue by driving out businesses that want to stay and have been in place for a long time. Additionally, if you GOOGLE the address and look at the map, you'll find that this business backs up the the U-STORE-IT facility on Reavis Barracks and abuts Grant's Trail. This wouldn't make much of a park anyway.

SouthCountyMike said...

I'm told he has been jailed now and I've found a very odd coincidence. He lives just two doors down from MFPD Chairman Arron Hilmer.

Anonymous said...

So he lives a couple doors from Cindy Christopher . . . that is a coincidence.

There must be more to the story. Why would someone be jailed over "parking tractor trailers on the lot"? What were the other violations? Don't people usually get money fines? People just can't decide to have a park on someone else's property. I'm surprised this hasn't been in the paper.

Anonymous said...

What the hell does that have to do with it. You have a real damn brain problem.

Anonymous said...

Code enforcement belongs to the Gary Earls' Dept. of Public Works, not Campisi. What has Earls done in this matter?

SouthCountyMike said...

8:53 I'll drop by and have my brain problem checked out. Thanks for pointing that out to me.
5:39 Mr. Campisi has been very much involved with this isssue. I don't know about any of the specifics involving Mr. Earls.

Anonymous said...

How has Campisi been involved?

SouthCountyMike said...

I have spoken to people on both sides of this issue about Campisi's involvement. I am not going to comment any further while this man is still imprisoned.