Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Catching Up in South County

I know, I'm tardy. Accept my apologies. I went fishin.

Things are heating up in the area races. It looks like the Dems are going to capture the presidency and the Missouri governorship.

Saturday was National Come Out of the Closet Day. I told myself that if Peter Kinder had the courage to announce his true sexuality, I'd vote for him. Since that didn't happen, I'll stick with the Democrat in the race. Dr. Sam Page is a better choice, but I was prepared to reward courage.

I see the Campisi campaign has been busy posting their signs all over the public roads. This is a good sign for his opponent. Signs don't mean much anymore. They help a little with name recognition, but Campisi already has that. By putting them on public property, the county should take them down soon. Also, by not putting them in yards, it looks like they haven't been working very hard. This doesn't look good for John Campisi.

To the question I received on the last post about John Wayne Tucker, he was a losing candidate in this last Republican primary for the 3rd congressional district.

And to the query about Jim Lembke's irresponsibility, I could go on for days. How about trying to impeach a judge for a fellow politician's daughter? Trying to end temporary transplants with animal organs. How about tax credits to people who could send their children to schools that advocate overthrowing the United States. Abolishing the tax assessors office, is this a mature way to govern?

Has anyone seen Mike Leara's arrest record?

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where did you find arrest records for Leara?

Anonymous said...

I noticed the Campisi signs on almost every other utility pole on Mackenzie road between Reavis Rd. and Gravois.....there on Monday morning.....gone Monday evening.

SouthCountyMike said...

1:42 Things seem to find me.
8:07 I saw those also. I can't understand why any campaign would waste the time and expense. Campisi already has name recognition. You've seen the headlines:
A. Councilman Campisi caught stealing.
B. Councilman Campisi fails to pay taxes.
C. Councilman Campisi misses important countywide smoking ban vote, supported by fellow Republicans, to concentrate on his new job: obtaining tax dollars for Scientoligists to educate Misouri's children.
D. Councilman Campisi votes for controversial countywide trash plan.
E. Councilman Campisi votes against controversial countywide tax plan.
People already recognize his name, that's his biggest problem.

Anonymous said...

Arrest Records for Leara? Produce them!

Anonymous said...

wow mike i think 538 sounds serious you better show them to him. oh wait its one of great fearless men who demand answears but yet wont put his name and would like to go by anonymous. But still anonymous sounds serious and mean. :-). Doing great mike nice to see you back at it.

SouthCountyMike said...

9:46 Thanks for the kind words.
5:38 Why don't you ask Mr. Leara for his arrest records?

Anonymous said...

What in the hell are you talking about 9:46 am, were is your damn name. Talk about calling the kettle black. WOW

Anonymous said...

Bye the way 9:46 did that for a reason. I knew that you were going to call me out on it. But then if you see what I did to you then you might understand what mike goes through when you are talking to him like that and not showing who you are. I see you dont like someone who you dont know calling you out. It got you fired up and I not even demanding anything from you. So 12:16 give him your name or stop making demands and shut up.

Anonymous said...

hey take it easy thats racist, 12:16

Anonymous said...

I did not say Obama was in that kettle, did I?