Monday, September 20, 2010

Fundraiser for Corporal Todd Nicely This Weekend

Mehlville Firefighters Local 1889 will be hosting a benefit for Corporal Todd Nicely and his family. Todd is the grandson of retired Mehlville Firefighter Russ Bono. He was wounded in the war in Afghanistan and suffered life changing injuries. He is only the second soldier to survive after losing both arms and both legs during battle.
The BBQ Benefit will be held September 24th and 25th at Faith Lutheran Church. Faith Lutheran Church was generous enough to allow us to use their parking lot to host this event. It is located at the intersection of Telegraph and Erb Roads in South County. This 2 day Bar-B-Que event will include: live entertainment, fire truck display, car show, military equipment display and much more.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I here the Chief won't even let a Mehlville truck be involved. Way to support the community Timbo!

SouthCountyMike said...

I don't think I'll be posting any more comments that have anything to with the district on this subject. Let's just focus on having a fundraiser for a good cause. If anyone has more info on the BBQ, let me know and I'll be glad to post it.

Anonymous said...

Mike
You have my total respesct for that.

Anonymous said...

1:46 I agree with that completely Mike you are a honest man of incredible integrity I am proud to know you. GO NAVY