Friday, January 9, 2009

Taking Out the Trash

Change is coming and I’m not talking about our new president. I’m talking about my new trash hauler. We were just notified that our subdivision would be switching as of the first of February.
Some people are excited about changes in their trash collection, but don’t count me as one. I’m just glad it gets done. This is one more thing that separates this great nation from so many others. We have our trash removed in an orderly fashion. It’s great. Every week, I put my can out near the street and magically the contents are removed while I’m away at work.
I guess the reason I feel this way it’s never been my responsibility. I grew up in Crestwood. The city took care of it with a lot of help from the customers of their mall. From there, I moved to the city (St. Louis). Again, the city took care of it. During my military years, I never knew who hauled away my trash. I was just glad nobody told me to jump on a trash truck and start picking up cans. I bought a home in St. George and the city took care of it. I purchased my current home in South County about sixteen years ago. Guess what, the subdivision took care of it.
Apparently, after not first jumping on the county bandwagon, my subdivision has decided this year to join with the new trash district.
My trash is going to continue to be picked up and it’s going to cost me less money. That’s a great start to my new year. I hope it’s a prosperous one for all of you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HEY
DID YOU TAKE YOUR SELF OUT:

SouthCountyMike said...

Ouch!