Wednesday, March 19, 2008

What Other BLOGS Say About Call Newspapers

Here's what they're saying at the Crestwood Independent:
Anonymous said...
11:01 AM That is what I have been trying to tell bloggers many times. I did what you did and told The Call not to send their paper to me a long time ago. I am glad I am not the only one and I agree with your comments 100%.Their are other papers like the Journal where I can read what is going on without the one-sided view.Mike Anthony and his paper have always played politics and in doing so will only endorse politicians who give credence to his paper. You will never get anything but his "slant" on what is going on and who is doing what.His writers follow the leader and will never print anything that is positive about this mayor because his paper was made popular by a past mayor who used it to further his political ambitions. When that person resigned, he never wrote the truth about his resignation. Heavens No! Why bite the hand that feeds you. His paper again slanted the truth.Mike Anthony fuels political egos and in turn they get in "bed" together and everybody is happy. He gets what is necessary to keep his paper afloat and politicians get all the accolades and homage from his written words.Mike Anthony has had an allegiance to those who oppose this mayor. That's what keeps him in business. As I have said before, if Mike Anthony and his paper throws this administration a "bone", don't accept it as attempting to upgrade his journalistic talents because he has none.This is my view which I am entitledjust as others have done.12:18 PM, March 16, 2008

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel very strongly that Mike's articles are great plus he keeps all you degenerates and phony's straight

SouthCountyMike said...

As they say, everyone has a right to his own opinions but not his own facts.

Crestwood Independent said...

I do have some very vocal readers when it comes to the "paper!"

Our citizens are sick and tired of the "bravo seirra" put out by that sad excuse of a periodical, and they say so from time to time.

That said, I welcome the remarks from the "paper" at any time, problem is, the feel I am beneith them as they are in print!

"Tell a big enough lie, and tell it often enough, and the people will believe it!"
Joseph Goebels (Third Reich!)

Tom Ford

Anonymous said...

I guess our citizens are tired and sick of your radical believes, that is why they elected Hilmer, Stegman and Ryan to the Mehlville Fire Board. As a citizen of this fine South County area it was about time to control the small mouth pieces that don't say squat.

SouthCountyMike said...

I'm not sure what radical beliefs you are speaking of.
Mr. Hilmer and Ms. Stegman were elected because people thought they would pay less in taxes. Of course, they won't be thinking about taxes while waiting for an ambulance. I sure as heck didn't when I was waiting for one in September. Who might you be speaking of when you say" it was time to control the small mouth pieces that don't say squat"?

Anonymous said...

OF COURSE YOU AND YOUR BUDDY. They have save taxes and tripled the services. I thought everybody knew that. If course who are you.

SouthCountyMike said...

Tripled my services? You are sadly mistaken, they have not increased services. Please, watch the capital letters. I'm so sensitive.
Mike

Anonymous said...

"Tripled Services" sure....It all looks good on "paper". In real life they lowered the standards on the testing process. It's bad when they have to lower the minimum test score so "anybody" can apply. (anybody equals maybe 20 people no one of which are from around here within 50 miles) Everyone knows to quality of personnel has dropped.

SouthCountyMike said...

Yes, as I understand, we are told the pumpers are now all EMS equipped, yet they don't have EMS the personell to operate the equipment. That's a wee bit misleading isn't it?

Anonymous said...

Hey Mike I couldn't help but notice that the truth detector is using some of the verbage off of this web-site. So you know they are reading this blog.