Thursday, March 20, 2008

Where are the Black People?

I copied this from the ACC site. Their link is over to the right>.

ACC News
March 20, 2008
American Bemoans "Black Exodus" At Post
From today's Eye: since September 2007 about 15 African Americans have left the newspaper, and the Post has hired just one African American during that time.Our reader writes, “Let’s look at the scorecard for the daily paper that is covering a diverse city:? No African Americans in senior editor positions.
? No assistant Metro editors of color.? No assistant editors of color in any department.? No blacks covering the city; the only black reporter on the Metro staff covers North County (and how many stories from North County have you seen in the daily paper?) .? No blacks writing editorials.
? No blacks on the copy desk (copy desk chief Courtney Barrett is black, but his is an administrative job, although he reads some copy)? No blacks on the national or foreign desk.? No black page designers.? No blacks in the research department.


How about our weakly paper?

I ask the question again, if the Call is liberal or even progressive, have they ever hired a black person since they've been in business?

I guess this is another case of: Do as I say, not as I do!

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mike you ought to apply, that will solve the problem:

SouthCountyMike said...

Very mature. I'm sure your mother would be proud.

Crestwood Independent said...

11:30 AM 3/20 blogger: I think I see a bit of jealousy on your part!

They also are short on rational thinking. However, I doubt your applying will help very much, so stay home and bake cookies!

Tom Ford

Anonymous said...

We just LOVE race-baiting! Keep it up!

SouthCountyMike said...

Really, you think I'm race baiting?
Just exactly how many people of color do you think visit this BLOG? I would guess none, so I don't think I'm race-baiting. I think I've pointed out, as I have in the past, what hypocrites the folks at the Call Newspapers are.
Mike Heins

Crestwood Independent said...

5:54 AM 3/21: Race baiting? Now that is as silly a remark as I have seen in some time!

Fenton needs sandbaggers, why not apply?

Tom Ford

Anonymous said...

Theres no question about it, both of you have never been in the real world. IT IS RASE BAITING: I believe the Call should sue your pants off or shirt.

Crestwood Independent said...

I don't think you can "RASE bait in Missouri (whatever a Rase is.)

Tom Ford

SouthCountyMike said...

I think you can rase bait if it is done on a worm farm.

Anonymous said...

Its sounds like both of you are idiots. OK it should have bee race. SORRY ABOUT THAT One dumb writer and one doumb ex cop. WOW

Crestwood Independent said...

11:32 AM 3/22 blogger: is that right, or do we need a special permit?

We do wish to be correct you know!

Tom Ford

SouthCountyMike said...

I have to throw in the towel. You got me with the dumb writer jab.
I thinks that's enough.

Crestwood Independent said...

I agree, "never argue with a fool, for at some point the onlookers won't be able to tell the difference."

Tom Ford

Anonymous said...

You Mike I do agree. Its closed on my end. HAVE A GREAT EASTER

Anonymous said...

Come on if this is all you got to blog about I would much rather read the Call the writers do have some class. By the way were the black bloggers in your so called blog site. YOU

SouthCountyMike said...

I've closed this discussion down but I really felt I should share your ignorance with others.